Sean’s Candy tray
Peppermint ribbon candy
- don’t be silly. Buy some.
Homemade dark chocolate peanut butter cups
- Whisk vigorously one stick softened butter with 1 cup unsweetened peanut butter (crunchy or smooth as you prefer).
- Add ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar and continue whisking.
- Set aside.
- In a Pyrex 4 cup measuring cup or a microwave safe bowl, melt two pounds of dark chocolate chips in the microwave.
- Heat for 15 seconds at a time, stirring well, until chocolate is smooth.
- Get out a mini-muffin tin and mini-muffin cups.
- Placing a cup in the palm of your non-dominant hand, use the back of a soup spoon to cover the inside of the cup with chocolate.
- Set in the muffin tin.
- Continue lining the muffin cups until you’ve used half the chocolate.
- Let chill in the refrigerator or on the porch.
- When the cups are set, spoon a half teaspoon of the peanut and butter mixture into each cup.
- Cover with the remaining chocolate and chill until set.