Nogless egg nog shake
- In a blender, puree
- two cups vanilla ice cream
- ¾ cup egg nog
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- If you are feeling brave and want to make your own egg nog
- whisk six egg yolks and ½ cup sugar together in a small bowl.
- Then, in a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine
- one cup heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon sal
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- stir the mixture until it just reaches a simmer.
- Next, add small spoons of the hot mixture to the egg mixture.
- Stir each spoonful and once most of the hot mixture has been added, add the entire mixture back to the saucepan.
- Continue cooking and whisking two minutes until it begins to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and add ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Refrigerate thoroughly before making a milkshake out of it.